Introduction of Shifa Institute of Higher Education’s chancellor
Mr. Dr Mirwais Elmy son of Mr. Alif khan is the resident of Chardihee village, Said Abad district Maidan Wardak-Afghanistan.
He has been come to the world in a religious and knowledgeable family in 1357 Hijri. He has studied the elementary studies from Masjid and at primary school in his village. His secondary studies was at Khalid Bin Walid School and had the top position in his class in Wardak Province. In the year 1379 Hijri he participated in general entry test for university and successfully entered at Kabul Medical University, faculty of curative medicine.
In the year 1387 Hijri he enrolled in Urology specialization and after five years he achieved his specialization in the mentioned field. He has been days and night in different private and public hospitals for serving the nation.
He also built a medical institute by the name of Jamia Complex in 1390 Hijri which has five departments:
- Medical Technology
Dr. Mirwais Elmy did not stop his attempts for struggling against ignorance and illiteracy, as he built an institute of higher education which is ruling under the supervision of ministry of higher education of Afghanistan. This institute of higher education was built in 1393 Hijri by the name of Shifa Institute of Higher Education which has thousands of students in three different faculties as; Stomatology, Pharmacy and Law & Political Science.
Job Description of University Chancellor
- Delegation from Shifa Institute of Higher Education.
- Supervising of academic councils.
- Controlling and evaluation of implemented issues which have been mentioned in Memorandum and Act of the Institute for higher education.
- Protection from all actions which are opposite to the rules and regulations.
- Necessary performances for recruitment and termination of employees.
- Securing of rules and discipline at Institute.
- Leading and evaluation of finance and administrative affairs.
- Developing of necessary measures for better research in this institute of higher education.
- Controlling of different academic plans.
- Making of good relationship with foreign academic centers.
- Having research projects for the students.
- Utilization of institute incomes in a better and developing ways.
- Cooperation among the faculties.
- Reporting the performances to board of directors.
- Performing all the duties which is being allotted based on the job description.